|From Hellboy, Into The Silent Sea|
The quest for immortality is a long and storied one, filled with rich idiots who don't really know what they're talking about. The Esoteric Order of the Golden Flame was no different. When scrolls detailing the calling and summoning of angels was first found by the honorable explorer Sir Percival Aylesworth, immortality was immediately on his mind. Rather than share the knowledge with filthy commoners, he instead created a secret
club order of equally rich men and women to conduct experiments alongside with. An idle distraction soon turned into genuine occult obsession, and soon Aylesworth's manor was gutted and filled with ritual signs and communication devices. At the height of their madness, they were contacted by Araquiel, a Throne who offered them the secret to eternal life.
And then he was promptly cast out of heaven for daring to share the secrets of God.
By the time that they got to where he fell, the cathedrals of the Seraphim's Gate was already filling the crater and sending spires up. Undeterred, they brought equipment and entered, where they promptly all met horrible fates. Some became Ghouls, which will be detailed in a later post. Others became these.
HD: 4 AC: As leather + shield
Damage: 1d6, from slam
Appearance: A roughly sculpted approximation of a naked human, made from clay. A hole in its chest burns with a dim flame.
Wants: To escape, although it doesn't know how or why.
Treasure: None, although if you leave the body mostly intact, you could use it as a Homunculus Shell.
Some Golden Dawn members, attempting to avoid becoming Ghouls or being possessed by angels, transferred their souls into hastily made shells. Much had to be stripped away to fit within clay and mud, and now they're confused and panicking, lashing out at any who might try to stop their escape.
HD: 5 AC: As Chain
Damage: Roll 1d6 to see how it deals damage
- Speaks the language of God. 1d8 damage to all who hear it each round
- Controls a dancing sword. 1d8 damage
- Tongue of fire hovering above them that lashes out with flames. 1d6 damage
- Holds censer of choking incense. Blocks visibility, and deals 1d4 damage to all within the cloud who don't hold their breath
- Wrathful gaze that can tear a person apart. 1d10 damage, but it has to focus on the target
- Surrounded by hovering geometric stones, which it can shoot at high speeds. 2d4 damage, which it can split between multiple targets
- Eyes. Far too many eyes, all over their wings and on every inch of visible flesh
- Extremities turned into white stone, gilded and bejeweled
- Turned into a being of living, blindingly bright light
- Even more wings. Wings everywhere. Is there even a person left?
- Shrouded in holy flame. The person underneath seems to be totally untouched
- Looks perfect and beautiful, in an almost uncanny valley sort of way